Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Informatica PowerCenter v10.5x Foundation Boot Camp for Developers
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis is THE Boot Camp that will provide Developers with a solid Foundation to start the journey with the Informatica Platform. The foundation class teaches the fundamentals of the Informatica Data Integration (ETL) using PowerCenter 10.5x,
The Boot Camp is delivered through a variety of lectures, demos, and numerous hands-on lab exercises covering real business use cases. Attendees will gain a clear understanding of the product and acquire a solid foundation that will transform them into successful PowerCenter developers in 4 days!
This foundation class is a great entry point to other Informatica products like IDQ and IDMC (Cloud).
- Create and configure an Informatica folder that would allow shortcuts
- Reverse-engineer Source & Target tables from existing Databases/Schemas
- Create source and target Flat files delimited and fixed width
- Create target tables by generating DDLs and executing them on the Database through an ODBC connection
- Build and Debug simple and complex mappings.
- Create and run simple and medium complexity Workflows.
- Run a workflow and monitor its run through the Workflow Monitor
- Observe and analyze Log files for Workflows and Mapping Sessions Tasks
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Informatica PowerCenter
- Components & Architecture
- Basic Concepts
- Live Demo: creating and debugging a mapping.
- Sources and Targets
- Exercise #1: Source and Target Definitions, Simple Mapping
- Transformations Objects Overview
- Source Qualifier
- Expression Transformation
- Aggregator Transformation
- Filter Transformation
- Exercise # 2
- Layout, Link Path, Auto link & Propagating Attributes
- Comparing Objects
- Working with Transformations
- Debugging process and strategies
- Discard Data Option
- Flow Control & Breakpoints
- Evaluate expressions
- Importing and editing flat file sources/targets
- Flat files: Fixed Width, Delimited
- Joiner Transformation
- Exercise # 3: Joining flat file and relational data
- Lookup Transformation
- Active & Passive
- Connected & Unconnected
- Rank Transformation
- Using built-in functions
- Exercise # 4: Lookup and Rank Transformations
- Creating a Workflow
- Session setup & Parameters
- Workflow Interface
- Gantt Chart View, Task View
- Controlling workflows and tasks
- Viewing logs & session properties
- Overview in Sessions and Link Conditions
- Exercise # 5: Simple Workflow and Error Handling
- Using local Variables: Interactive Demo
- Port evaluation
- Router Transformation
- Exercise # 6
- Usage In Mappings, Sessions, and Workflows
- Integration Service Parameters
- Exercise # 7: Mapping Parameters and Variables
- Reusable transformations
- Working with shortcuts
- Exercise # 8: Mapplets
- Sharing UDFs
- Exercise # 9: Normalizer and User Defined Functions
- Overview of Type 1, 2, 3 & 6
- Exercise # 10: Type 1 – Slowly Changing Dimension
- Overview, Scheduler & Reusability
- Email Task, Command Task, Decision Task, Timer Task
- Event Raise, Event Wait, Control Task
- Exercise # 11: Advanced Workflows
- Duration: 3 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: ???
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page