Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
An Introduction to the z/OS Environment
This course is an overview of the z/OS operating systems and services for non-MVS IS technical personnel.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- Identify the installation requirements for an enterprise server and how z/OS supports these requirements
- Discuss the services for application enablement in a z/OS environment
- Identify how z/OS provides support for On Demand Business
- Describe how security is ensured in a z/OS environment
- Identify products and tools that support a central point of control
- Characterize products and facilities that support z/OS systems
- Describe the essential system services of z/OS
- List the z/Architecture processor configurations for z/OS
- Describe z/OS connectivity, communication facilities, and interfaces
- Describe how zEnterprise creates a single system of systems
- The concept, strategy, and benefits of the z/OS environment
- Application enablement in z/OS
- Overview of On Demand Business support in z/OS
- Connectivity to the z/OS environment
- Security support provided by z/OS
- Systems Management support (Tivoli, SMP/E, SMF, and RMF)
- Scalability, availability, backup, and recovery features in z/OS
- System Services support (storage management, job management, work management, data sets, and data set management)
- System z processor configurations, System z Enterprise Server hardware
- zEnterprise, a new dimension in computing
This basic course is for personnel with a technical background in information technology who are new to the z/OS platform and do not have prior MVS or OS/390 experience.
- System concepts
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies
- No MVS, OS/390, or z/OS knowledge required
You should have:
- Unit 1: Requirements of an enterprise server
- Unit 2: Application enablement
- Unit 3: Enabling On Demand Business on z/OS
- Unit 4: z/OS connectivity
- Unit 5: Security in a z/OS environment
- Unit 6: Systems management
- Unit 7: System and data availability
- Unit 8: System services
- Unit 9: System z9 and z10 and System z hardware
- Unit 10: zEnterprise: A new dimension in computing
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM z/OS Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
IBM Web Based Training courses are sold on a per-user basis. WBT courses provide a training advantage for you and your teams, helping you get up to speed quickly. Take the courses you need, at your convenience and at your own pace.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
System RequirementsTo participate in this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Minimum of 256 MB of memory
- Windows Vista or Windows 7-10 (32-bit or 64-bit edition)
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher or Firefox ESR
- 128-bit encryption
- Citrix Receiver for connection to the IBM Remote Lab Platform
- Access to Internet with at least 128 kbps down and 128 kbps up
- Other platforms/combinations may work but are not officially supported by IBM.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page