Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DB2 11 for zOS Implementation Workshop
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is for installers of DB2 10 z/OS and/or migration to DB2 11 for z/OS using the Install CLIST. The participants are involved in lectures that explain DB2 11 components and pointers, and the processes used to install or migrate from DB2 10 for z/OS. To reinforce the lectures, a series of labs are provided to give each participant hands-on experience installing DB2 10 for z/OS and migrating to DB2 11 for z/OS.
Students access a mainframe environment for the labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Prepare z/OS TSO environment to run the Install CLIST
- Provide appropriate parameters for the Install CLIST
- Execute the Install CLIST
- Define DB2 10 for z/OS
- Define VSAM catalog and alias
- Define system data sets and databases
- Initialize system data sets and databases
- Define DB2 10 for z/OS initialization parameters
- Define user authorization exits
- Record DB2 11 for z/OS data to SMF
- Establish subsystem security
- Verify the DB2 10 for z/OS installation
- Update subsystem parameters
- Create a new subsystem parameter module
- Migrate DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS Conversion Mode
- Enable DB2 11 for z/OS New Function Mode
- Verify migration
- Convert the BSDS and Catalog/Directory to 10-byte RBA and LRSN usage
Anyone responsible for maintaining, installing or migrating DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS, or installing DB2 11 for z/OS.
- The basic concepts and facilities of DB2
- The basic concepts of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- z/OS Time Sharing Option (TSO) and the z/OS interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF)
- Course CV832 Database Administration Part I or equivalent Work experience in a z/OS environment
- Course CV852 System Administration or equivalent
- Work experience in a z/OS environment
- Defining and allocating z/OS data sets using z/OS job control language (JCL) or equivalent experience.
The following prerequisites are suggested:
Installation preparation for DB2 10 for z/OS Installation CLIST Installing the DB2 10 subsystem Verification of DB2 10 with the sample applications Performing parameter update Migrating to DB2 11 conversion mode DB2 10 enabling-new-function and new-function modes Verification of DB2 11 with the sample applications 10-byte RBA and LRSN (new)
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Db2 Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page