Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DB2 11 for zOS System Administration
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Administrators of DB2 11 for z/OS can acquire a view of the architecture and fundamental processes required to manage a DB2 11 for z/OS subsystem. Engage in lectures and hands-on labs to gain experience to:
- Relate the z/OS IPL process to a DB2 subsystem
- Explain effects of stopping and starting DB2
- Explain how DB2 sets and use Integrated Catalog Facility (ICF) catalog names
- The use of DSN command processor running in batch and foreground
- Use views to minimize users' ability to see into the DB2 catalog
- See how the catalog (through grant activity) controls access to data
- Search the catalog for problem situations
- Use the catalog and DB2 utilities to determine data recovery requirements
- Describe Internal Resource Lock Manager (IRLM) in a DB2 environment
- Implement DB2 and Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) security
- Describe DB2 program flow for all environments
- Display normal and problem threads and database status
- See how the SQL Processor Using File Input (SPUFI) AUTOCOMMIT option defers the COMMIT/ROLLBACK decision
- Interpret lock displays
- Identify and cancel particular threads
- Describe available DB2 utilities to manage system and user page sets
- Start and stop the DB2 subsystem
- Explain the allocation CLIST used at logon for DB2 data sets
- Use Set SYSPARM command
- Locate the Command recognition character for the DB2 subsystem
- Query the system log to gain knowledge about the IPL process and information in the system log when DB2 is initialized or stopped
- Explore DB2 Address Spaces information
- Select the DB2 functions that best satisfy your site requirements
- Explain the use of RACF for DB2 connection security
- Explain the use of Roles and Trusted Context
- Implement security procedures for a DB2 environment
- Describe the components and address space structure of a DB2 subsystem
- Explain DB2 Program Flow for all environments
- Invoke and use DB2 TSO Facilities
- Use the DB2 Catalog to monitor authorizations
- Increase the size of the Active Log data sets
- Explain DB2 Logging
- Use SET LOG SUSPEND and SET LOG RESUME
- Use DSNJU004 to Print Log Map
- Interpret the output of the Print Log Map Utility DSNJU004
- Use DSNJU003 to rename DB2 data sets
- Plan for recovery of a BSDS failure
- Monitor and control DB2
- Explain transaction flow in IMS and CICS
- Describe the CICS and DB2 environment
- Make use and inplement the extended 10-byte RBA and LRSN
This is an intermediate course for system administrators, database administrators, and other technical individuals, who manage and implement DB2 10 for z/OS.
- an understanding of the objects (tables, indexes, databases, and so forth) used in DB2 systems, and of how those objects are created, managed, and recovered. These skills can be developed by taking the DB2 Database Administration Workshop (CF83G) / (CV830) or through equivalent experience.
- a working knowledge of SQL. The SQL Workshop (CE120G) / (3E12G) provides that.
- At least one year as a z/OS systems programmer or equivalent experience
- Or, one year working with DB2 on the mainframe as a DBA on the mainframe or equivalent experience
You should have:
Please refer to course overview for description information.
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Db2 Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page