Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Learn to operate a Red Hat® OpenStack Platform private cloud and manage domain resources to secure and deploy modern, scalable cloud applications, networks and storage
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110) teaches you how to operate and manage a production Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) single-site overcloud. You will learn how to create secure project environments in which to provision resources and manage security privileges that cloud users need to deploy scalable cloud applications. You will learn about OpenShift integration with load balancers, identity management, monitoring, proxies, and storage. You will also develop more troubleshooting and Day 2 operations skills in this course.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.1.
Students in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110) course will focus on performing both routine and specialized tasks that are necessary to manage a production OpenStack overcloud domain. Students will manage OpenStack using both web-based and command-line interfaces. Essential skills covered in the course include the following:
- Launch instances to satisfy various use case examples.
- Manage domains, projects, users, roles, and quota in a multitenant environment.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Manage instance security with group rules and access keys.
- Create and manage block, object and shared storage within OpenStack.
- Perform instance launch customization with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable applications using stack templates.
This course is designed for cloud users who deploy application instances and stacks, domain operators who manage resources and security for cloud users, and any other cloud personnel interested in, or responsible for, maintaining applications on private or hybrid OpenStack clouds. Any cloud persona, or personnel with roles that include performing technology evaluation, should attend this course to learn RHOSP operation and application deployment methods.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- If you are not a RHCSA, you can take a skill assessment to gauge your level of knowledge.
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Describe OpenStack personas, launch an instance, and describe the OpenStack components and architecture.
- Manage application projects in a multitenant cloud
- Create and configure projects with secure user access and sufficient resources to support cloud user application deployment requirements.
- Manage OpenStack networking
- Describe how IP networks are implemented in OpenStack, including fundamental TCP/IP stack behavior, software-defined networking elements, and the common types of networks available to self-service cloud users.
- Configure resources to launch a non-public instance
- Configure the requisite resource types for launching a basic non-public instance, including vCPUs, memory, and a system disk image, and launch an instance of an application component that runs in a tenant network with no public access.
- Configure virtual machine system disks
- Identify the available choices for configuring, storing and selecting block-based virtual machine (VM) system disks, including the choice of ephemeral or persistent disks for specific use cases.
- Provide additional storage strategies
- Identify the available choices for additional cloud storage techniques, including object-based storage, network file sharing, and volumes sourced from a file sharing service.
- Configure resources to launch an instance with public access
- Identify and configure the additional resource types required to launch instances with public access for specific use cases, including networking and access security elements.
- Automate customized cloud application launches
- Configure and deploy a typical multi-tier cloud application stack, defined as an architected template of scalable VM instances, including per-instance launch customizations.
- Manage cloud application placement
- Introduce overcloud layouts more complex than a single site, and explain the management resources to control the placement of launched instances, including segregation elements such as cells and availability zones, and placement attributes such as requisite compute node resources.
- Duration: 30 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 0.00 USD
- Duration: 90 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 3,230.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page