Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Building Streaming Data Analytics Solutions on AWS
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewIn this course, you will learn to build streaming data analytics solutions using AWS services, including Amazon Kinesis and Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK). Amazon Kinesis is a massively scalable and durable real-time data streaming service. Amazon MSK offers a secure, fully managed, and highly available Apache Kafka service. You will learn how Amazon Kinesis and Amazon MSK integrate with AWS services such as AWS Glue and AWS Lambda. The course addresses the streaming data ingestion, stream storage, and stream processing components of the data analytics pipeline. You will also learn to apply security, performance, and cost management best practices to the operation of Kinesis and Amazon MSK.
- Course level: Intermediate
- Understand the features and benefits of a modern data architecture. Learn how AWS streaming services fit into a modern data architecture.
- Design and implement a streaming data analytics solution
- Identify and apply appropriate techniques, such as compression, sharding, and partitioning, to optimize data storage
- Select and deploy appropriate options to ingest, transform, and store real-time and near real-time data
- Choose the appropriate streams, clusters, topics, scaling approach, and network topology for a particular business use case
- Understand how data storage and processing affect the analysis and visualization mechanisms needed to gain actionable business insights
- Secure streaming data at rest and in transit
- Monitor analytics workloads to identify and remediate problems
- Apply cost management best practices
- Data engineers and architects
- Developers who want to build and manage real-time applications and streaming data analytics solutions
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- At least one year of data analytics experience or direct experience building real-time applications or streaming analytics solutions. We suggest the Streaming Data Solutions on AWS whitepaper for those that need a refresher on streaming concepts.
- Completed either Architecting on AWS or Data Analytics Fundamentals
- Completed Building Data Lakes on AWS
- Data analytics use cases
- Using the data pipeline for analytics
- The importance of streaming data analytics
- The streaming data analytics pipeline
- Streaming concepts
- Streaming data services in AWS
- Amazon Kinesis in analytics solutions
- Demonstration: Explore Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Practice Lab: Setting up a streaming delivery pipeline with Amazon Kinesis
- Using Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics
- Introduction to Amazon MSK
- Overview of Spark Streaming
- Exploring Amazon Kinesis using a clickstream workload
- Creating Kinesis data and delivery streams
- Demonstration: Understanding producers and consumers
- Building stream producers
- Building stream consumers
- Building and deploying Flink applications in Kinesis Data Analytics
- Demonstration: Explore Zeppelin notebooks for Kinesis Data Analytics
- Practice Lab: Streaming analytics with Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics and Apache Flink
- Optimize Amazon Kinesis to gain actionable business insights
- Security and monitoring best practices
- Use cases for Amazon MSK
- Creating MSK clusters
- Demonstration: Provisioning an MSK Cluster
- Ingesting data into Amazon MSK
- Practice Lab: Introduction to access control with Amazon MSK
- Transforming and processing in Amazon MSK
- Optimizing Amazon MSK
- Demonstration: Scaling up Amazon MSK storage
- Practice Lab: Amazon MSK streaming pipeline and application deployment
- Security and monitoring
- Demonstration: Monitoring an MSK cluster
- Use case review
- Class Exercise: Designing a streaming data analytics workflow
- Modern data architectures
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page