Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM SPSS Statistics Essentials (V25) SPVC
Contains PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course guides students through the fundamentals of using IBM SPSS Statistics for typical data analysis process. Students will learn the basics of reading data, data definition, data modification, and data analysis and presentation of analytical results. Students will also see how easy it is to get data into IBM SPSS Statistics so that they can focus on analyzing the information. In addition to the fundamentals, students will learn shortcuts that will help them save time. This course uses the IBM SPSS Statistics Base features.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- Overview of IBM SPSS Statistics
- Read data and define metadata
- Transform variables
- Use functions to compute variables
- Set the unit of analysis
- Merge data files
- Select cases for analyses
- Summarize individual variables
- Describe relationships between variables
- Create presentation-ready tables with Custom Tables
- Customize pivot tables
- Create and customize charts
- Work with syntax
- Control the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
• Anyone with little or no experience in using IBM SPSS Statistics.
• Anyone who is new to using a statistical package for data analysis.
• Anyone who is considering purchasing IBM SPSS Statistics.
• Experience with IBM SPSS Statistics is not necessary, though a basic understanding of purpose and functions of the software is helpful.
• No statistical background is necessary.
Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics
• Review basic concepts in IBM SPSS Statistics
• Identify the steps in the research process
• Review basic analyses
• Use Help
Read data and define metadata
• Overview of data sources
• Read data from databases
• Read data from Microsoft Excel
• Define variable properties
• Compute new variables
• Recode values of nominal, ordinal, and scale variables
• Create a numeric variable from a string variable
• Explore advanced variable transformations
Use functions to compute variables
• Use statistical functions
• Use logical functions
• Use missing value functions
• Use conversion functions
• Use system variables
• Use the Data and Time Wizard
Set the unit of analysis
• Remove duplicate cases
• Create aggregated datasets
• Restructure datasets
Merge data files
• Add cases from one dataset to another
• Add variables from one dataset to another
• Enrich a dataset with aggregated information
Select cases for analyses
• Select case for an analysis
• Run analyses for subgroups
Summarize individual variables
• Define levels of measurement
• Summarizing categorical variables with Frequencies
• Summarizing scale variables with Frequencies and Descriptives
Describe relationship between variables
• Select the appropriate procedure to summarize the relationship between two variables
• Summarize the relationship between categorical variables with Crosstabs
• Summarize the relationship between a scale and a categorical variable with Means
Create presentation-ready tables with Custom Tables
• Identify table layouts
• Create tables for variables with shared categorical
• Create tables for variables that represent a multiple response question
Customize pivot tables
• Perform Automated Output Modification
• Customize pivot tables in the Pivot Table Editor
• Use table templates
• Export pivot tables to other applications
Create and customize charts
• Use the Chart Builder to create various types of graphs
• Customize charts in the Chart Editor
• Use chart templates
• Export pivot tables to other applications
Work with syntax
• Use syntax to automate analyses
• Use the Syntax Editor environment
• Create and edit syntax
• Run syntax
Control the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
• Describe the features of the Options dialog box
• Reset the display of variables
• Set the default working data folders
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 875.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page