Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Introduction to Time Series Analysis Using IBM SPSS Modeler (v18.1.1)
This course gets you up and running with a set of procedures for analyzing time series data. Learn how to forecast using a variety of models, including regression, exponential smoothing, and ARIMA, which take into account different combinations of trend and seasonality. The Expert Modeler features will be covered, which is designed to automatically select the best fitting exponential smoothing or ARIMA model, but you will also learn how to specify your own custom models, and also how to identify ARIMA models yourself using a variety of diagnostic tools such as time plots and autocorrelation plots.
Introduction to time series analysis
Automatic forecasting with the Expert Modeler
Measuring model performance
Time series regression
Exponential smoothing models
Roles: Business Analyst, Data Scientist
Specifically, this is an introductory course for:
• Anyone who is interested in getting up to speed quickly and efficiently using the IBM SPSS Modeler forecasting capabilities
• Familiarity with the IBM SPSS Modeler environment (creating, editing, opening, and saving streams).
• General knowledge of regression analysis is recommended but not required
1: Introduction to time series analysis
• Explain what a time series analysis is
• Describe how time series models work
• Demonstrate the main principles behind a time series forecasting model
2: Automatic forecasting with the Expert Modeler
• Examine fit and error
• Examine unexplained variation
• Examine how the Expert Modeler chooses the best fitting time series model
3: Measuring model performance
• Discuss various ways to evaluate model performance
• Evaluate model performance of an ARIMA model
• Test a model using a holdout sample
4: Time series regression
• Use regression to fit a model with trend, seasonality and predictors
• Handling predictors in time series analysis
• Detect and adjust the model for autocorrelation
• Use a regression model to forecast future values
5: Exponential smoothing models
• Types of exponential smoothing models
• Create a custom exponential smoothing model
• Forecast future values with exponential smoothing
• Validate an exponential smoothing model with future data
6: ARIMA modeling
• Explain what ARIMA is
• Learn how to identify ARIMA model types
• Use sequence charts and autocorrelation plots to manually identify an ARIMA model that fits the data
• Check your results with the Expert Modeler
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM SPSS Modeler Badge Program →
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 825.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page